Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: stupid things you thought or did as a kid

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm, nice topic, and very interesting so far, lol.

    Well, about me, I have two things. Regarding scary movies, one night my parents left me with my aunt & cousins to sleep over, and they watched that movie "It".

    I was about 6 or 7, I don't remember exactly, but they put me in a different room and I was supposed to go to sleep. Of course I sneaked out and crawled under a side table and watched the movie with them.

    [img]eek.gif[/img] BIG MISTAKE [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Yeah, the next week I went to a friend's birthday party and of course her mom hired a clown to come. XD It's so funny now, but that whole day I ambushed that poor clown. I was determined to get him before he got me. He got splattered (attacked) with all manner of gooey and messy items (ice cream, birthday cake, ice, juice, etc. etc.) and then, when he did his little clown act, I went and popped all his balloons and actually managed to find that poor bunny and set it loose XD.

    Then I managed to not get caught the entire time. I was determined that he wouldn't know it was me so that he couldn't come kill me. Go figure. ::shrug:: Yeah, and it took me years to get over my "irrational" fear of clowns. I still don't like them much.

    Okay, second thing. When I was about 5, my (older) cousin told me that smoking cigarettes killed people. She obviously was just doing her "duty" as she saw it, but in my mind, that put my grandmother (who smoked) in immediate danger. I was under the impression that smoking killed you in days. So I became the Secret Service Agent to Stop Grandma's Smoking. Everytime she laid her pack of cigarettes down, I'd steal one out of it. Then, at the end of the day, I'd tear them all up into little pieces and put them in the burn barrel outside. (This was when I spent entire summers at my grandmothers house.) I'm sure I cost her lots of money, destroying those cigarettes. But they didn't catch me until the end of the summer, and then my cousin got in trouble, not me, 'cause I pulled the "puppy dog eyes" and cried and said I was only trying to save Grandma from dying. (Yeah, works every time, heehee.) Besides, I truly believed it at the time.

    Um, that's about it.

    ~Crystal
    (blushes as she realizes how long this post is)

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Tsumiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I was 4 or 5 my older brother and sister had some sports field day thing at school and my mom took me to go see them. I remember sitting in my mom's lap on the ground. There was a woman sitting next to me who had on clear nailpolish, and I thought it was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen. Let me repeat that - CLEAR nailpolish. I kept telling her her nails were so pretty. I couldn't figure out why she was laughing.

    This isn't silly so much as just cute. When I was four my mom took me to a toystore. i reached out, grabbed a toy cat and yelled "My Kitty" and I wouldn't let go. She had to buy it for me because I wouldn't give it up. That was 15 years ago and I still sleep with "my Kitty". And now Kitty over thanksgiving is going to Ohio or Texas or wherever with my friend Kerri who is going to go see her airforce boyfriend when he graduates from bootcamp, because Kerri is scared of flying on a plane. Also, Kitty is going as my ambassador.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes no kid should EVER watch the movie IT...evil evil.

    i was petrified of clowns for way to long!! and i saw both movies on the same night.

    but i did just recently watch them...and i cant help thinking, why the hell was i scared this is hilarious

  4. #14
    Inactive Member fake-tsukasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Awww..."My Kitty"...how cute!

    I thought of another one:
    My mom tells me that when I was about 2, I used to try to reach out and grab the moon whenever I saw it, and would get pretty upset when I couldn't quite reach it.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member heartberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2003
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I have some stories, but they are not really my thoughts, but sisters, and friend's. They just came to mind when I saw this thread, so I decided to post them. First, my sister used to think that bears weren't real. You see, she knew that Carebears weren't real, so she thought all bears were imaginary, which is so cute. She also thought that if you pick your nose with your other hand in front, no one would know what you were doing under there, ha ha.
    I have a ton for my friend, because the stories she has told me, tells me she was very gullable (doesn't help that she has evil trickster cousins either ha ha). Like how she was afraid of roosters because she thought they would peck her to death, with it's "metal beak" (it was just grey, but her cousins told her it was metal). Also, she thought that if you plant something, like a ring, that if you wait long enough, a tree will grow with a bunch of them growing on it.

    Kid's are so cute aren't they?

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Shia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hm.. ok, also got one:

    since I spent most of my childhood in my dad's flower shop (both, my mom and dad worked there) my mom was always quite desperate to keep me from beeing bored and bothering the other workers there with "hey, tell me a story, play with me!" and such things ^^;;
    so....I was about 6 or 7 yo and we had those glass ball thingies in the shop for decoration purposes and one day my mom told me that if I'd only wait a bit of time, a fairy would appear in the glass ball and tell me a story. (I really was into fairies and that stuff at that time ^^)
    the only thing I had to do is wait... AND it had to be absolute silence, or the fairy wouldn't dare to show up....
    so I spent half an eternety [img]graemlins/clock.gif[/img] (must have been almost 15 or 20 minutes [img]smile.gif[/img] ) in the store room, sitting there and staring at the glass ball and waiting for the fairy to show up and talk to me.
    and got really furious when someone entered the room to get something, cause then I had to start again, and wait again for half an eternety ^^;;
    (... and I always sat there with one of the big glass balls not one of the small ones, since then the fairy would be bigger and tell me a better story... ^^;;; )

    I really belived for a long time that it was the workers fault for interrupting me that the fairy didn't show up... [img]frown.gif[/img]

    (... maybe if I got my hands on one of those glass thingies today it'd still be a kind of struggle not to run and close myself in some quiet room and try again [img]redface.gif[/img] )

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Hinata's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2003
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When i was about 5 or 6 I used to stare at the dolls, pictures, and paintings on the walls, I thought their eyes were following me, watching my every move. I became so paranoid that everytime I would get out of the shower to change, I would cover them all up with a blanket, or face the pictures down on a table... I still feel uneasy with pictures and dolls until now... Even the anime scrolls in my room freak me out... [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] >_<

  8. #18
    Inactive Member SakuraSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do not remember this incident, but my mom takes joy out of talking about it. -_-

    When I was 3, we were going to take an airplane to Taiwan. The FIRST airplane I ever rode on. I was all exicted and bouncy (god knows why, airplanes teh evil)

    While on the plane there was a moment of turbulance. And all who have ridden on airplanes know they are a complete pain. And I mean htat rather litereally. Anyway I started screaming things like "I wanna get off the plane!" "Mommy open the door! Open the door! I wanna get off! *screaming*"

    and everyone around us was laughing at me. n.n; the adorable lil dummy.. bah. >.>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Celstarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Interesting topic. ^^

    I didn't really remember this incident until one day when I was sitting on this triangular cushion. My dad told me that we were in Thailand and he had already bought two big versions of the same cushion. They saw a smaller version in the display and asked if there were any more. There weren't.

    Apparently, I dragged my mom to the showcase and took the cushion right off it. Everyone laughed and my dad managed to buy the thing. O_o

  10. #20
    Inactive Member SailorPenguinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As told by my aunts:
    When I was a baby, I wouldn't let anyone but my mom, dad and brother hold me. Not my uncles, my aunts, my parent's old friends (from school and such), not even my grandma. So, one day, when my aunt slept over to babysit me, I started crying in the middle of the night. So my aunt comes in, but remembers I'll start crying more if I notice it's my mom/dad, and leaves the light off. But later on, I still managed to figure out it wasn't either of my parents and started crying again. ^^;;

    Oh, and apparently, when I was a baby still, my parent's old friends said things like, "Oh, she's so adorable! I want to take her home!" And then my brother (3 years older than me) would be like, "No! You can't take her!" and shield me. ^-^ 'Course now he could care less. >.>;;;

    <font color="#660033"><font size="1">[ November 11, 2003 09:30 PM: Message edited by: SailorPenguinz ]</font></font>

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ November 11, 2003 09:31 PM: Message edited by: SailorPenguinz ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •